Tuesday, July 31, 2012

This is not a poem but my beginning.

How to begin my story? I was born to a young couple who lost their dreams when they had me. At the age of five they got a divorce and my mother brought us to the US. I wish I could say that things were better, but instead they were worse. For the first year I found myself confused trying to understand why? Why my father would no longer be around? At the age of six I lived with an aunt and during that time I was also confused. Living with her was not easy or fun. At the age of seven I moved back with my mother. Then I moved with my grandmother for middle school. Again back with my mother. Then on my own at the age of eighteen. My life has been somewhat of a roller coaster, always up and down. I have always walked on my toes. Waiting for the next fall is not easy. This may all sound a bit random but it brings me to the present. July 2008 I moved to Connecticut. Of all places to go, why Connecticut? Well, the story starts with a boy. A boy whom I decided was worthy of changing my life forever. What I did not expect is that our destiny did not want us together. Why I have moved so much in 26 years I can't explain, but I do know that for the first time in my life I don't walk on my toes. Although I'm so scared I feel a bit normal. I have great friends old and new ones. I have myself to worry about and no one else. I go to school and work. It seems as though my ducks are in a row. Still I can't help but to look in the mirror and wonder why? I know I can't see the future and don't want to, but I have a feeling that this is a new start. A fresh beginning where I make my destiny. I make my own path. I can choose to move, love, dance, cry, run, walk, laugh, jump or simply enjoy what comes my way. I know It may sound so simple, maybe it is. I have met someone that has made me see this. I'm the happiest I have ever been and the most of afraid, in the end I know it will all be great.

No comments:

Post a Comment