Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Grow

Tia Lucy, Tia Norma
Abuelita, they say I have no hipsWait, why do I want hips I'm only a kid?
And I began to search for them

Days went by
Years added up
Waiting and waiting
And still no hips

Then one day
I came home and there they were!
Looking in the mirror the hips just stared

I looked at them with such despair
I no longer able to wear my favorite pair of jeans
Oh, those hips just laughed
I cried and stomped, I could not comprehend or button my pants

So, I went to visit and they said hurray!
Why are they oh so happy?
She is finally a woman, she said
She will be able to have children,
She is strong now, they all whispered with great smiles on their face

Took some time and some maturing to understand
To love me
To walk with pride
With no shame I walked, and dared to step into a new pare of pants

Like a flower, I bloomed
Maybe, someday I will grow
to understand why hips don't lie
they just grow

No comments:

Post a Comment