Sunday, November 24, 2013

Girl on an airplane.



I was sitting at the Philadelphia airport waiting to board. I noticed a couple that seemed so in love. They were a bit out there. I say next to them while I are dinner. I over heard them taking about their trip. Long story short they were coming to Connecticut after a long week in California. I asked what I shouldn't have. Why were you there? As I sat there listening, my eyes wandering around scopeing the people they told me. I could not believe it. There son had died in California. He had fallen out of a party bus. 

My eyes just opened and my jaw dropped. I apologized and told they how sorry I was. Sorry people, but that is not something you share with some random stranger and seem like it's not a big deal. 

I look around, thinking who could I tell. Why was I in such dismay? Was it because they seemed like they were so refreshed. Like it wasn't a big deal that their son had died and they just told a stranger while still laughing. 

Before we boarded I noticed this really tall girl. She looked so innocent and sweet. The kind of girl that has her shit together. So prim and proper you could almost hate but can't help but want to talk to. 

We began to board and I was praying that those people would not sit near me. Somehow I was still in shock but also sad. 
I sat down and pretty girl in grey dress sat next to me. I started talking to her and found she was super nice. Above all I had someone normal sitting next to me and I could release this random news that I could not seem to get past. We talked the whole way to Connecticut as if we were long life friends. 

We arrived at BDL in Hartford and we exchanged cards. A few days later I got an email from her and we scheduled a lunch. 

Never in a million years did I think we'd be friends. I mean but why not? We had lunch and drinks. We walked around and shopped. Next week after that we went out for Halloween. She was so cute I had to help her look slutty because she was far to innocent.  I saw myself in her about 5 years ago.  

After that night I knew I had made a great friend. Not only did I get so drunk she took care of me. She made sure I made it home. 

Weeks after that we are still friends going out and having fun. Just last night we learned that her birthday in Sept 26 and mine is Sept 28. We are Libras and we have had are hearts broken. 

"What happens on a plane doesn't have to stay there"

See sometimes you take risks and it's scary but good. 

You never know what will happen ....

No comments:

Post a Comment