Monday, August 5, 2013

Into the Dark

The thought of death
Every day I wake up
I walk into the bathroom as my dog follows me
She sits there looking at me yearning for some love
I talk to her in my half asleep state
I get in the shower and all I think is “just another day”, “a good day”
Today is different, I think of death
 As I drive to work, I imagine my car exploding with me in it
Am I sick? Or am I just simply jaded
I do not understand
To my friends I am positive, I love life, to learn and most of to be happy
“I have a fire in me” I say to myself
Could it be loneliness, sadness, or just another pre-menstrual feeling?
Selfish, I say, to think of death
My dysfunctional life made me immune to this feeling, which I have always felt
The feeling of crazy, nonsense, disaster, and discomfort
I begin to think it’s normal
Bouncing up and down, tragedy and resilience 
I smile of the thought of death because somehow I am able to let it all out
To write it, think it, and talk about it
I feel it and will not allow it to take the best of me
To think of death
Releasing it was not easy
“Let the bitch go “!!!
She is dead!

No comments:

Post a Comment