Wednesday, July 31, 2013

Sky blue

I was not a girl to cry
I don’t know why
Maybe it was easy to neglect
It was easy to forget

You came along to take it all away

With one kiss on a snowy March night
Foggy and wet we walked hand in hand
How could I forget?

As if that was not enough, you took my heart
You came blasting like the wind blowing down my walls
All my bricks were undone like a pyramid

You kissed me and all was right
I had never cried until you got into my heart
You led the way and I came undone

I cried with a smile the day you made me feel alive
I cried with happiness for you made me see the mountains a different way
I tried and tried, to not cry; now my tears make a river
Floating down the stream by myself

You left me
I cried
You picked me up to throw me right over the cliff
With that smile and your charm
I was enchanted and I cried
You kissed my lips and the sweet taste of love bloomed in my heart
I cried

My world became a never ending tunnel of surprises
Only to find you did not love me

Yes, you know what happened next, I cried

But not today! Not again!

This girl learned to cry and yes it was not always pleasant
It was not always happy

I will never be what I want it to be, it will be what it is in this moment
If we are meant to be, we will be
Once I cry it will be the past and the past will be history

I was never one to cry….

No comments:

Post a Comment