Thursday, December 20, 2012

Day two San Joe

From San Francisco I was dropped off to San Jose. I arrived at my cousins house in time to have some tea with my aunt and do what we do. We began by talking about what we call "chismes", also known as gossip. We laughed and talked some more. The next morning I had a Mexican breakfast beans and carne con chile. Then we walked to pick up my niece from school. See this important to me because the east side of San Jose is where I grew up. Walking there it almost felt like home. Lester Shields elementary now was divided into two academies and Pala middle school is now Escuela Popular. Things have change as have I. This place brought great memories and many that I wish I did not remember. It reminded me that I'm still not from there or from here. All I know is that it is a page from my past.







No comments:

Post a Comment