Friday, January 4, 2013

Freckles



I was five when I arrived in a red two person truck. My uncle had picked up my grandmother, brother and I from the airport. I sat in the middle and my brother sat on the ground. We arrived to the house everyone called "The White House " the house that I can't really remember. I only remember that my brother almost burned the house down. Or that my cousins had all the Ninja Turtles and spaceship. That my uncle wanted to be a ninja. That my mother was not there waiting for me when I walked in. Except there were all of my relatives sitting, talking, waiting with gifts. Someone, I can't remember who gave me a live size doll. One thing I do remember was our neighbor. Her name doesn't come to mind. Maybe it was Jenny, Stacy or Jessica, it was a real American name like the ones in movies. There she was playing outside and I went over to see what was going on. To my disbelief I saw what I had never seen before. A girl with freckles and red hair. All these dots all over her body. Her red hair shining bright from the sun. All I wanted to do was touch her skin, I had never seen such a creature. She was so beautiful. That's when my fascination with wanting red hair and freckles began. Not many know this about me but I always and will always want red haired kids with freckles. I know it's probably never going to happen unless I adopt a red head baby. This may seem a bit odd but freckles are so beautiful in my eyes.
To all who have freckles please embrace it because you are unique and beautiful.





No comments:

Post a Comment