Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Belonging

Well I did not really finish documenting my trip. What can I say. Well I ended up in Patterson CA with my aunt. My friends Ashleigh and Kelly came over and the party began. Not really a party but like in most households the head of the house hosted a great lunch and wine came out.

Kelly is a friend I made after high school. She is hilarious! Ashleigh and I have been friends since freshman year of high school and just had a baby. Little Eve.

After 3 bottles of wine and a tequila drink we started to sing karaoke. Yup! I was out there singing to Katy Perry but really sounded like a whining dog. Then we continued to Vallejo to have dinner with Jennifer O. She ha been my best friend since senior year of high school. More drinking not so much fun the next day. But it was worth spending time with them. Not to mention it was Jenn's birthday.

The next day we had posole it's a stew made with beef and corn. So delicioso. Mmmm...

Then at 4 am off to Cincinnati to meet up with the Brandt family. It was so much fun. Two days later I was stuck on a airplane for two and half hours before actually leaving. Sat in there on the Tarmac waiting to take off.

Then got back to CT and went skiing. Yesterday was New Year's Eve and I went to NY.

I know this all seems boring traveling here or there. But I learned one thing on this trip. See I did not go home to my parents or brothers. My parents are divorced and my brother well they're a long story. The point is that I felt a bit sad and like I didn't belong. Staying with extended family is great but it's not home. Staying with friends is fun but also not home. You get the point.
Someone on this trip made me feel and see that family and home is being with people you love. And it doesn't have to be cookie cutter style. Sometimes belonging is being somewhere with people that make you happy. It's not a state or house or place. Simply being with those who care about you.

To those of you that help me, support me, challenge me and love me; I want you to know that I love you.









No comments:

Post a Comment