Thursday, September 20, 2012

Super Tyson

Well it's nice to wake up to the awful sound of chickens. So, I get up because the sound is unbearable. It's 5:45am and I wanted an extra hour of sleep, but instead I build up the courage to get up and go for a run. It's a cold morning, my nose is cold but I finally flip the covers and step on the wooden floors. The magic is suddenly gone and I hop up. I have to use the bathroom but in the effort to not wake the roommates or the dogs, I get dressed as fast as possible. I get my socks and creep to the bathroom. The tile is cold and I feel the breeze come in from the window. I brush my teeth and hear the dogs rattling in the crate. Before I walked out I put on my socks and open the door. I put my shoes on and grab my headphones. My hands are cold but I begin to run. In the process of being half asleep and cold I trip over some branches. Five minutes later I forget that it had happened and continue my journey. My run ends at five after seven. I let the dogs out and I follow to pick up the poop so my roommate can mow the lawn this afternoon. It all seemed good, and then YES it happened. Tyson the "super dog" jumped the six foot fence. I know it's seems like I'm exaggerating, but I'm not. It's not the first time he's done it. So, I do what I always do. I walk out the front door to my neighbors backyard in search for him. I find him eating the cat food the neighbor has left out. I grab him by his collar because I have forgotten his leash. We began to walk back when we saw The cat. " "The Cat" is the cat that sits in front of our door just to tease the dogs. Tyson starts to run towards the cat and all I can do is grab on to him, almost hoping on him like horse. Only, he is so fast I slip still holding on to him and I get dragged across the yard. "The Cat" vanishes and I'm left holding on to Tyson and completely soaked. I walk in the house finish the poop duty and rush into the shower. Somehow I manage to still be late for class. On my way to work I get a text that Comcast is due. Great! I thought it was not due until the 27th but I'm wrong. As I read the text and drive a cop pulls next to me and waves. It's a wave of " what the heck are you doing" and I put it down. I know it all seems minor but in the scheme of Karla things I'm overwhelmed.So, I say Bring it On! Whatever is going on cannot continue like this all day.

No comments:

Post a Comment